Logo description by Logoboy95
Logo captures by V of Doom and Logophile
Editions by V of Doom, CNViewer2006 and Jeff B.
Bob and Harvey Weinstein founded Dimension Films in 1991 as a genre film division of Miramax Films. Currently, Dimension Films is a genre film label of Lantern Entertainment and its pre-October 2005 franchises are shared by Miramax.
(September 11, 1992- )
Logo: On a black background, a set of blueish lines zoom out in the left side of the screen. As it zooms out, it gradually lights up to reveal that it is the word "DIMENSION" in a bold, italic Eurostile font. When the logo reaches a comfortable distance, it lights up completely as "FILMS" wipes underneath it, in spaced-out letters.
- An earlier version exists. Below the word "DIMENSION", a byline "A DIVISION OF MIRAMAX FILMS" appears. In this version, the logo looks a bit smoother.
- A 3-D version has the logo zooming in against a purple cloudy background, then bulging from the center, breaking letter by letter, and flying toward the screen Replace to Go To Troublemaker Studios Logo.
- A 3-D in-credit logo was used in the late 2000s.
- On some films, such as Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth and Senseless, the "DIMENSION" text has a purple tint.
- On the second version of the U.S. teaser trailer for Paddington 2, in order to hide the TWC-Dimension references in the trailer the print logo is orange on the blue background.
FX/SFX: The zoom out and the lighting. Really good computer animation that still looks perfect nearly 30 years later.
Music/Sounds: None, or the opening sounds/music from any given soundtrack.
- On a few dubbed Jackie Chan movies, there's a gong sound and a whoosh when "DIMENSION" shines.
- On The Longshots, a light string orchestra fanfare is heard.
Availability: Common. Seen on most Dimension titles like Spy Kids, Scary Movie, Cursed, Scream, and Mimic. The 3-D version appears on Spy Kids 3: Game Over and The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl. The early version with the Miramax byline is extremely rare, as on current releases of films such as Godzilla vs. Biolante, it is omitted. However, it can be seen on the Echo Bridge DVD releases of Dust Devil and the Arrow Video release of Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth within the Hellraiser UK Blu-Ray Trilogy Set (in addition to the U.S. limited edition Scarlet Box Blu-Ray set), though some prints of the latter have it plastered by the current Dimension Films logo alongside the 2011 Miramax logo, or with Lakeshore International on the Italian Koch Media Blu-Ray. The version with the gong sound appears on Supercop and Operation Condor, as well as the 2001 DVD of the reedited version of Jackie Chan's Project A.
- For other related logos and images see: Dimension Films/Other